FIRST ALERT WEATHER: Government and business closures
Published: Jan. 24, 2023 at 11:03 AM CST|Updated: Jan. 24, 2023 at 2:35 PM CST
Lake Charles, LA (KPLC) - Closures for Tuesday, Jan. 24, due to the threat of severe weather.
- Calcasieu Police Jury offices close at 1 p.m.
- Calcasieu Sheriff’s administrative office, tax office, and departments with non-essential personnel close at noon.
- Lake Charles City Transit Service suspended at 1:30 p.m.
- Lake Charles city facilities, including City Hall, Historic City Hall, Recreation Centers and the Public Works Administration Building close at 2 p.m.
- Lake Charles City Court closes at 11 a.m.
- Calcasieu District Attorney’s Office
- Calcasieu Parish libraries
- Calcasieu Parish Assessor
- Lake Charles City Council Meeting scheduled for tonight will be held at 5:30 p.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, Jan. 25.
- City of Sulphur facilities close at 2 p.m.
- Rosepine City Hall
- OMV offices in DeQuincy, DeRidder, Jennings, Kinder, Lake Charles, Oakdale, Sulphur
- State Offices in Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Jeff Davis
- McNeese will move classes online after 4:00 p.m.
- Vernon Parish and DeRidder trash collections will stop at 2:00 p.m.
- West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital clinics/outpatient services.
- SPAR Basketball games and practices at all facilities are canceled.
- Beauregard Parish Health Unit open house event canceled. Date to reschedule is to be announced.
Copyright 2023 KPLC. All rights reserved.